Sunday, October 2, 2011

Feast of the Guardian Angels

The "angel of God" prayer in Latin.  Picnik collage made by me.

Today is the feast day of all the guardian angels. 

I feel that angels are rather misunderstood in modern culture.  They're represented as little more than fairies.  This is quite sad, because real angels are pure, powerful spirits.  Guardian angels especially are important to us humans, and we miss out on a lot if we don't invoke their help.  They can do anything from saving you from death to helping you with homework - if you only ask.  Guardian angels can even make good friends!  Instead of telling everything to your dog, tell everything to your guardian angel: the angel might give you some answers, and the dog most certainly won't.

via AllPosters.com
I found a beautiful article on guardian angels here.  Also, there is a lovely book called All About the Angels
 which I own and love to death.  I try to read it at least once a year, because it reminds me of all the help I could be getting if I paid more attention to my poor angel.






Today, try to remember your guardian angel.  Tell him your troubles, ask him to help you keep your temper or understand your math lesson, and see how much smoother things go.  Also, don't forget to say at least the Guardian Angel Prayer every night before bed:

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
To whom God's love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard, to rule and guide.
From stain of sin O keep me free,
And at my death my helper be. 

via AllPosters.com




1 comment:

  1. I do tend to forget my guardian angel, although I've been trying to say the prayer more often! Thank you for writing about this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read every single one of them, and I'll usually check out my commenters' blogs, if I don't follow them already. I try to reply to my comments, but please don't be offended if I don't make it to yours. Procrastination habits do extend to comment replies, unfortunately.

Of course, courtesy is necessary. I will delete any comments which do not meet my requirements.

Thanks for making the effort to tell me your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...