Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Journaling Page - Music and Rainclouds

I'm in a journaling page mood right now, so I thought I'd write one up.

Outside my window... The sky is a flat, pale shade of gray, and there's a sprinkle of rain coming down - the sort of weather that makes you want to curl up with a favorite novel, a cup of tea (preferably Earl Grey), and a pretty quilt.  Goodness, I just love rain.  Growing up in Germany, it was cloudy or raining nearly all the time, so to me it just feels like home.  The only trouble with this particular type of weather is that it is unfortunately not very ideal for bicycle riding, especially bicycle riding done by a certain young person (whom we shall not name) who is getting over a cold and is, incidentally, very out of shape indeed.  If I were the sort of person to tell such things, I might mention the difficulties this particular young lady had in just pedaling around the block last time she went bicycling - and she was in perfect health that time, too.  But of course I never say such things about anybody.

I'm listening to... a lovely piano cover of the song Innocent by Taylor Swift.  I love it when musicians take a modern song and turn it into an instrumental piece, thereby making it timeless.  By the way, if anybody knows of any other good ones, pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top tell me about it!
This song completely fits the quiet, rainy feeling of this particular afternoon... other lovely "rainy songs" would be Orla Fallon's ethereal Siuil a Run, the heartbreakingly beautiful North & South soundtrack, and various Enya songs, particularly Only Time


I'm thinking about... why, music, of course.  North & South music, to be exact.  It's just SO beautiful, I can hardly believe it's real. *drifts off into dreamland*  ......  Oh, hullo, are you still here?  Sorry about that.  *cough*

A picture thought I'm sharing...






And that's all for now, m'dear!  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!
    How could we ever do without music? Or rain! Though in this season I'm certainly wishing for snow... But I digress. A good rainy day (or summer sunset) piece I think, would have to be this one - Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73: http://youtu.be/qSeg69d3CQ8

    It really transports one to a different place...
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too!

    Haha, I don't wish for snow much...I'm rather enjoying this mild weather!

    That Beethoven piece is soooo relaxing, and it's one I haven't heard before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! I read every single one of them, and I'll usually check out my commenters' blogs, if I don't follow them already. I try to reply to my comments, but please don't be offended if I don't make it to yours. Procrastination habits do extend to comment replies, unfortunately.

Of course, courtesy is necessary. I will delete any comments which do not meet my requirements.

Thanks for making the effort to tell me your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...