Thursday, December 22, 2011

The O Antiphons - O Oriens

I'm ever so sorry that I didn't get this up yesterday!  You see, I was quite sick, and posting antiphon posters was the last thing I was thinking about.  (I was too busy moaning internally about how my throat hurt.  I always did feel for Mary Musgrove from Persuasion - sometimes I too feel that "my sore throats are always worse than anybody's".)

Ahem.  Where were we? Oh yes -  O Oriens.



English translation: O Rising Dawn, Radiance of the Light eternal and Sun of Justice! Come and enlighten those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I read every single one of them, and I'll usually check out my commenters' blogs, if I don't follow them already. I try to reply to my comments, but please don't be offended if I don't make it to yours. Procrastination habits do extend to comment replies, unfortunately.

Of course, courtesy is necessary. I will delete any comments which do not meet my requirements.

Thanks for making the effort to tell me your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...