Thursday, September 1, 2011

Follower Philosophy

A couple nights ago I was lying awake, as usual, and thinking bloggy thoughts - as usual.  I do significantly more thinking than doing....
Anyway.  This particular night I was thinking about followers.  If somebody's following me, that probably means that she likes what I post.  If she likes what I post, that means that we share interests.   If we share interests, then that means that we might get along pretty well in real life.  So followers are like friends - friends that I just haven't met.  They also would probably be friends with my other followers.

I really do feel this way, too.  Every time I get a new follower, there are sounds of rejoicing (a.k.a squealing) coming from our living room.  I visit my followers' blogs and excitedly tell my mom everything about them. It usually goes somewhat like this:  (Conversation actually happened, by the way.)

ME:  MOMMY I HAVE ANOTHER FOLLOWER!!!
MOM:  Yeah?  Great!
ME:  SHE'S TRADTIONAL!
MOM:  Oh, yeah?
ME:  THAT'S MY THIRD TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC FOLLOWER!  AND MOM, SHE LIKES LOTR!
MOM: Most people do....

I then proceed to stare at my new follower's picture, browse her blog, and be happy for the next thirty minutes.
(Random thought:  I can't imagine having a guy follow me. :p)

So.  I logged into my well-beloved Picnik, and made a poster thingy for you.


I hope you like it!  Oh, and feel free to use it on your own blog.  Right above the "follow" button.  That's where I'm putting mine...*insert crafty evil genius grin*

And thanks for following.  I wuv you.



{ I promise that I will have a post with actual content up soon...}

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with this! Sometimes it's a bit hard to find homeschooled followers, and even harder to find Catholic homeschooled followers, and even harder yet to find TRADITIONAL Catholic homeschooled followers, so I always squeal when I find one who has begun following my blog. And you're right, that would be kind of a weird thing to have a guy following your blog. It would make me completely self-conscious about pretty much everything I post.... awkward thought...... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, since I wrote this post a guy HAS followed my blog. O.o It makes me think a bit more about what I'm saying, but in the end it just keeps me from getting *too* giggly and silly....most of the time...and sometimes I don't even remember. :p And anyway, it's one person out of fifty-four!

      One thing that hasn't changed since this post: I still squeal over followers, especially traditional Catholic ones!

      Delete

Your comments make my day! I read every single one of them, and I'll usually check out my commenters' blogs, if I don't follow them already. I try to reply to my comments, but please don't be offended if I don't make it to yours. Procrastination habits do extend to comment replies, unfortunately.

Of course, courtesy is necessary. I will delete any comments which do not meet my requirements.

Thanks for making the effort to tell me your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...