Saturday, November 5, 2011

Days 4 & 5

I was so sure that I would post day 4 yesterday....but the challenge is quite hard, and I couldn't make up my mind.

Because I couldn't decide, I'm doing something a little different for Day 4.  (Read: I'm cheating for Day 4.)  My mom suggested that I do a pastel drawing, but I sort of ran out of time.  I may draw one anyway, and post it another day.
Anyway.
There are so many places that I love!  My dad's in the army, so I've been all over...not to brag or anything.  And nearly every single place has something to make me love it.  So, I shall just post some pictures of my favorite places.  (This is also easier for me because I am in no way a landscape artist.)
 

Photograph by me
1. A book.  Yes, books count as places.  Don't argue with me.  If you're an avid reader, you know that books can take you anywhere, anytime. 
(This photo is supremely ironic, because the book pictured is actually a textbook.  I dislike textbooks, and the only place they take me is...nevermind.)


Google Images - minimally edited with Picnik

2.    A church.  You can't imagine anything more peaceful than making your thanksgiving after Mass, when most of the people have left and you can concentrate on Our Lord right there in the tabernacle.

Google Images - edited with Picnik
3.  The state of Virginia.




via Google Images
4.  Switzerland.  Yes, I have been there. *insert grin of triumph*  It's seriously one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen...I wish I had a photo that we had taken.  Unfortunately when we went I was too small to have my own camera.  Anway, it's lovely.  We camped there multiple times, and it was always my favorite: better than Italy, better than Spain, even better than France.




Well, I think that's enough for Day 4. :p


Now on to Day 5: Best Friend.  I have two best friends, so I drew them both.



I don't know if they'd want their names up, so they shall remain nameless, for now at least.  The one on the left is a beautiful example of a Catholic and is ever so sweet.  The one on the right has put up with me for almost three years now, and we have shared many a problem and *cough* daydream.  She's very patient with my strangeness, and her common sense has often supplemented my lack thereof.


HOPEFULLY I shall see you all tomorrow for Day 6!




30 Day Drawing Challenge at Shealynn's Faerie Shoppe

1 comment:

Your comments make my day! I read every single one of them, and I'll usually check out my commenters' blogs, if I don't follow them already. I try to reply to my comments, but please don't be offended if I don't make it to yours. Procrastination habits do extend to comment replies, unfortunately.

Of course, courtesy is necessary. I will delete any comments which do not meet my requirements.

Thanks for making the effort to tell me your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...