Friday, June 15, 2012

Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

I haven't got much time today, but I couldn't let the day pass without mentioning one of my favorite holydays.  It's my favorite partially because of the obvious reason that the feast celebrates Our Lord's infinite love for us and it's a beautiful thing to think about, and partially because I have fond memories of the quiet way we used to celebrate it when we were stationed in Germany.  It was always perfect walking weather there this time of year, so we'd walk down to the little town near our house and buy a big bunch of red roses from the florist's little shop to place in front of our image of the Sacred Heart.  Then my mom would tell the little ones a bit about the feast and how it was established, and we'd say the Litany of the Sacred Heart after the nightly rosary.  Simple but beautiful - and isn't that the best way?

You can read about devotions to the Sacred Heart here, and an extremely long but insanely good article about it here.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! I read every single one of them, and I'll usually check out my commenters' blogs, if I don't follow them already. I try to reply to my comments, but please don't be offended if I don't make it to yours. Procrastination habits do extend to comment replies, unfortunately.

Of course, courtesy is necessary. I will delete any comments which do not meet my requirements.

Thanks for making the effort to tell me your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...