*Acknowledge the person who passed the award to you and provide their link.
*Include the award logo on your blog.
*Answer the ten questions posted below.
*Make up your own ten questions for the next people.
*Nominate blogs and link those you have especially enjoyed reading. The number you can select is up to you.
*Notify each individual that you have nominated them.
1. What is your favourite accent? (British, Irish, Scottish, etc.)
This is actually a hard one. Of course, like every other American girl, I go crazy for English accents, but I find most European accents highly intriguing. A few days ago I watched an interview of a Romanian singer who spoke pretty much perfect English, but with a slight, rich accent. Another singer, Cécile Corbel, speaks English with a noticeable French accent, which is also really interesting. Ooh, and Regina Spektor. She's Russian and Jewish and from NYC, and she has the coolest accent when she sings. Russian accents are pretty high on my list. I dunno, accents are just a "thing" of mine. But to answer the question properly, I'll go with typical old British. It is, after all, the only accent I can properly imitate.
2. Your house is on fire; you have 60 seconds. What is the one thing that you grab? (Yes, I stole this question from the movie Leap Year. If you haven't seen it, you should. It is marvelous.)
(I did see that movie, actually, a long time ago. It was definitely fluff, but everybody needs fluff once in a while, right?)
The one thing I would grab...well, in real life, chances are I would be too freaked out to grab anything but my shoes. If somehow I had a bit more presence of mind, I'd grab my purse. You definitely need money (and a library card?) when your house is burning down.
3. You are taking a ramble through the woods heedless of time or place. Suddenly, you find yourself miserably lost. What do you do? (Hysteria is a acceptable option.)
Hysteria would definitely be my first reaction, followed by a decision to randomly choose a direction and walk until something pops up that gives me an idea where I am. I've done this in real life (though not in a forest) and it usually works, surprisingly. I do not, however, necessarily recommend it as a desirable course of action.
4. What is your worst fear?
5. If you could instantaneously be fluent in one language, which would it be?
French, because I need it to graduate. Also it's pretty.
6. Would you rather have plain vanilla/chocolate ice cream or a sundae with all the toppings?
Much as I like plain vanilla ice cream, if you put it next to a sundae, the sundae's gonna win, hands down.
7. Would you rather watch a scary movie while at home alone or ride the largest roller coaster in the world?
DEFINITELY ROLLER COASTER. The stupidest scary movies will have me in a heart attack. I don't know how I ever got through Doctor Who with as little emotional damage as I did. Roller coasters, on the other hand, are about the only thrilling activity I indulge in.
8. You're stranded on an island for a year. Choose one fictional character to have on the island with you.
Ooh, I like this one. It's really hard. It'd have to be a female, of course, for reasons of propriety, which should narrow it down...but I still can't decide. Maybe Rosalind from As You Like It? Or Elnora Comstock from A Girl of the Limberlost. This is much too hard. I've read too many books! I can't choose.
|Elnora Comstock. [x]|
9. What is one of the most thrilling things you have ever done?
Well, as you may have surmised, I'm not much of a thrill-seeker. You might laugh, but I think one of my most thrilling experiences was going to a traditional Catholic girl's camp for the first time three or four years ago. Of course, as a little girl living in Germany I had all sorts of adventures, but unfortunately I sort of took them in stride, not finding anything particularly unusual about driving into Spain near midnight or going to Rome in one of those trailer things the week of my ninth birthday. A lot of the "thrill" quality of a thing is in how you see it.
|This was taken during my last year of camp, in 2011. I'm closest to the front on the right-hand side||. [x]|
10. You are swimming with a group of friends when a splashing fight breaks out, describe your methods of warfare and survival.
Um...well I actually can't swim. But if I was wading with a group of friends, my method of warfare and my method of survival would be the same: constantly splashing around myself in a circle so that nobody could get near me. And shrieking.
Now for my questions:
1. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, which would it be?
2. You're in a play, and you can pick any part you like. Are you a main character, a supporting character, or the random person holding a tray in Act II?
3. Who is your favorite saint, and why?
4. Would you sleep outside, with no tent, in the summer?
5. You're at someone's house. There's no one there around your age. Do you talk with the grownups, play with the kids, or awkwardly pet the dog and hang around the snack table till it's time to go?
6. What qualities do you look for most in a friend?
7. If you know about the Four Temperaments, tell which one(s) you are. If not, just tell about your personality/temperament in general.
8. What sort of blog post do you have the most fun writing?
9. Are you more likely to fall in love with the characters of any given movie/TV show, or the plot? Or maybe something else, like cinematography or costumes?
10. Do you act the same way in public as you do in private, or do you act in different ways depending on the situation?
I shall pass the tag on to Treskie at Occasional Randomness.
And...um....that's all. The rules did say that you could tag as many people as you want.... I just don't seem to have many tag-inclined followers who haven't done this one yet. If you'd like to do it, don't be put off by the fact that I didn't tag you. Help yourself, do.
Well that was fun. Thanks for helping with my
Hope you all are having a good Lent!
(By the way, please excuse the highly uneven sprinkling of pictures in this post...it was too hard to find pictures for all of the questions, so I just did the easy ones. )